Bought a frame and V5 as the basis for building an ELR on the 10th November 2013.
I had already picked up a full body kit (Tank, Side Panels, Front Mudguard, Front and Rear Cowling) from eBay along with a main stand and chain-guard…all NOS and in perfect condition…. Yes they were expensive.
Added a couple of Davida Swing arms to the collection… but…. I also managed to find an original one….so I have a choice to make…Think I will go with the original one to start and see what happens.
When I picked up the frame the seller also had a whole bunch of bits to go with the frame, which I went back and purchased a month later.
I decided to dry build the bike and work out what bits I needed to complete.
Did a bit of eBay shopping for some missing parts, but managed to get all the bits I needed and more.
Pictures below show the bike and bits as I got them and then the dry build, must admit it didn’t take as long as I thought it would.
Found some nicer wheels..
Managed to pick-up a genuine z1000r engine, that’s been rebuilt and slight over sized.
So I started to piece together the jigsaw…..
Had some fun with the battery box and associated bits. So had to strip, check and rebuild, was a little rusty, but noting that cannot be fixed.
But all cleaned up and put back together…and fitted back into the frame
Sent a load of bits of to Redditch Shotblasting and Powder Coating….another great job…All done in Satin Black..
Sorted out the bits that needed chroming and boxed them up and sent to AC Howells in Walsall once again..
Started putting some of the newly powder-coated bits back onto the bike….
Including the tail piece and grab rail..
So that’s it onto the rebuild full steam ahead…..more to follow..