So this is a restoration project that’s been on hold for many years.
I obtained the machine around 1999 and started on the restore.
However, with a change in family circumstances the bike has stood incomplete for over 10 years!
Its on the list of bikes to do and one I will get there honest!
This is what it was like when I received it.
This is where I got to with the bike…..one day….
It will get finished……
So given that the z500 was almost done (just forks & clocks to do) and the DT175 was off with various folks…decided to get the BSA Tracker off the shelf and have a look at what I had got or more importantly what I hadn’t!
So I decided on a dry build of the bike to sort out the bits….
The major bits missing are:
- Indicators, front & rear
- Shock Absorber (no idea where that has gone 🙁 )
- Rear Mudguard
One thing I have found is that a lot of the bits are Yamaha DT ones from around the late 70’2 or early 80’s. Hopefully, making it easier to source some of the bits I need.